Tuesday, December 4, 2007

couple of goals to shoot for

i was thinking about it last nite and in order for me to take a shot at one of the 1k buy-in wynn poker classic events while im in vegas i need to build up a 20k bankroll before then. so basically i don't want to risk more than 5% of my bankroll taking a "shot". so i'm about 3 months out from my trip but since my only means of cashout on ftp right now are via cheque i probably need to request funds by the beginning of Feb. i guess i'll look into other means of cashout in the meantime since it would give me more flexibility when deciding on how much i can afford to bring.

so, if i only want to take shots for 5% of my bankroll that also means i will probably need a 30k+ roll if i want to play in two 1.5k wsop events this year. i'll still go with the rakeback plan of just letting it build up without cashing it out and then hopefully that can cover some of the buy-ins when the time rolls around.

so that means i have to grind out 8k profit in the next 3 months (or less) and then depending on how my vegas trip goes i'll have to re-evaluate from there.

the 30k goal is a little unpredictable since i might go on a downswing between now and vegas and that would screw everything up so i won't really be setting that one in stone until after i get back from my trip.

the 8k profit to get me to a 20k roll though is now my main goal and focus. i think this is very doable but with the small amount of playing time i have and the variance of mtt's you never know what could happen. here's what my schedule is going to be right now:

6pm - $26 nlhe (probably won't get to play this one too often)
7pm - $75 nlhe
7:15pm - $26 lhe
7:30pm - $22 rebuy 6-max
8pm - $26 nlhe (might not play this all the time since it runs pretty long)
8pm - $150 nlhe

these are all on full tilt since that's the only place i have $ right now. ideally i'd like to find another site or two that have a good tournament in this same time frame. i should also be able to get 2 or 3 $75 45 person sngs in during this time too and i will play as many as possible.

tg

No comments: