Thursday, December 13, 2007

getting deep....

but can't finish.

i've went deep in 3 tournies over the last two nights and busted in the final 3 or 4 tables of each.

two nights ago was the hardest. i played the $163 at 8pm and 1st place was a tasty 20.6k. i had my eyes on taking it down all day but it wasn't meant to be. i ended up busting 32nd when my 99 got drawn out by A7o. the hand played itself though as i only had 10bb's in the bb and the sb had about 30bb's and was shoving on me everytime it was folded to him.

last night i went deep twice. the first was the $26 6pm where i busted 26th out of like 604. the bust out in that hand was a pretty sick cooler. the blinds were 800/1600/200a and i had about 20k behind and was in the bb w/ Q7s. mp min-raised and the sb called. both had me covered and i was getting over 6-1 to flick the additional 1600 in so i did since it doesn't really change the flexibility of my stack. the flop came down QQ9r, sb checked and i decided to lead out for 4k into the 11.4k pot. i thought this bet would induce a lot of shoves from a lot of pair hands that mp might have been raising since i would still be able to fold if shoved on. he shoved, sb folded and i obv called. he had 99 for the flopped underfull and i didn't improve.

after that i had went on a nice run and built up chips in the 7pm $75. down to 36 i had about 18bb's and picked up AJo in the cutoff. folded to me and i raised a little less than 3x but was committed to the hand since all three players behind had 15-20bb stacks making it a likely situation for a re-steal. sure enough bb (who just had me covered) re-shipped and i snap called and probably looked like a donkey doing so but i was correct and he had 55. i lost that flip and shortly thereafter shut it down for the night after busting in the 200's of the 1200 person field in the 8pm $26.

i can't complain about not running well though as i think i ran very well to get as deep as i did. in the $163 i put a big suckout on another player for my tourny life when i shoved 7bb's from lp w/ Q8o and snapped off his AQo. also in the $75, i was very short and shoved 43s from lp and snapped off another AQo when the flop came a tasty 256r. all of my big favorites have been holding up and i've been winning my share of flips, i just can't finish the job.

oh well, i think im playing my best right now so that's all i can really ask for. i think i'll take tonite off since it's my b-day and i'll probably be back in action tomorrow night.

im also going to add a win in the nightly $163 to my christmas list.

tg

No comments: