Thursday, May 22, 2008

enlightened

so i was pretty happy with my play last week although i felt weird about some of my post-flop play. for some reasons there's spots where im just betting out or checking based on whether or not i think my opponent hit the flop which probably isn't the worst strategy but also not optimal. after going over a few hands with my coach, he starting telling me how bad some of this was and all of a sudden it just kinda clicked in my head. i kind of got the concept he planted in my head about two weeks ago and has been hammering in ever since.

i have to get rid of my fear of being bluffed. it's a lot more than that obv but this is probably the root cause of it. i look forward to making great decisions tonite.

also, i've been a little burnt out from watching nlhe videos on cr and dc lately so i decided to watch a bunch of plo videos just to change it up. i want to keep my concentration on nlhe but plo videos are refreshing and i might also mess around with some 25plo and try to work my way up slowly. i don't want to risk hard earned bank roll from playing nlhe on being a mark in a plo game although i don't think anyone is really all that good at the lower limits.

oh and i dropped about $350 playing during my lesson the other nite over 500ish hands.

tg

No comments: