Thursday, January 22, 2009

winners tilt

had a good session the other night managing to play 1500 hands in one sitting which is rare. the plan was to play for an hour and a half or so, go to the gym and come back and play for a bit more but i didn't feel tired or worn out and every time my tables started breaking a new fish would sit down at a bunch of tables so i kept playing.

i was doing pretty well and built up stacks on a few tables making some good reads but in the end i think i got a little sloppy with my play. i think maybe my worst form of tilt is winners tilt and i tend to go into spazz click mode when im up. i play a little spewy pre-flop at times when winning and also tend to just make plays that are unwarranted. oh, and i don't like folding to river bets either.

anyways, im going to brush up a little bit on my hu game which is kind of non-existent. back last spring sometime i was playing hu semi-regularly at 50nl and did quite well over a small sample but stopped playing just because i didn't feel i had the optimal mindset going in to hu matches. if i lost a pot or got stacked a couple times i felt like i was getting owned and would get down myself, basically taking the results personally. also, the amount of guys i would sit down with that would hit n run were absurd and it bothered me a lot. the reason i feel a need to get back into it is that the other night while playing a did a search on one of the fish at my table to find out what other tables he was on. he was playing some dude hu so i put my name on the list not expecting to get a shot at him but a couple minutes later i did. he actually had a fairly decent pre-flop game hu but his post-flop skills were severely lacking. he stacked me once early but i managed to end up a few bucks on him before quitting to call it a night.

so i think i would like to occasionally play some hu in the future when i can find a spot worth playing. i won't be making it anything close to my main game but i think often times some of the biggest fish are playing hu, taking a shot with case money and i think having some hu experience can only help my developement.

tg

No comments: