Thursday, June 19, 2008

omahaha

well i've played a little over the last couple nights and am up about $270 in holdem and down $220 in plo. my play in the plo games has been bad and i've come to the realization that im kinda terrible at it and seem to be on constant tilt. for some reason the game just makes me irresponsible and impatient. i said earlier this year that i would like to get into plo once im a solid winning player at 2/4 and 3/6 nl since i'd have more roll to play with. then earlier this month when i started messing with plo i said i would just dick around with 25plo so i wouldn't distract myself from my holdem game. well, i got carried away with it, probably because i had early success.

now it has become a hinderance, it's ruined what was likely to be my best month ever and pushed me farther from my goal of playing 2/4 nl. i've also probably played just as much plo this month hand wise as i have nlhe which was not what i envisioned. im going to retire any plo interests for the time being and if i do have a craving to play (it is a pretty sick game) i will play 50plo instead of the cap games.

anyways, i might get a good session in tonite playing exclusively nl and then i'll be off for 4 days on vacation. im also really anxious to move up to 2/4 nl but won't until i have the 16k required for 40 buy-ins. if i have to i will probably add some rakeback money to my account to get me there. my game is going to have to get a lot better to make the move up profitably but i have a great coach and am confident i can rise to the occasion.

tg

No comments: