Monday, February 2, 2009

jan results

back, fully medicated and not wanting to quit pokah, kinda.

january finished up ok, my first session back after my meltdown i made 3 buy-ins and then broke even on the 31st making my total hands played 10,635 for the month. pretty low but kinda what i expected since i didn't play early in the month and then took time off mid month.

i ended up making like $225 so weeeeeeeee i didn't lose this month! that plus a $200 ironman bonus i cashed in and another $250 or so i won on stars playing ssplo while killing time on lunch. then there's rakeback but i never really keep track of that.

i had a few minutes today to sit down and play and feb sucks huge balls. in 186 hands i got my ass handed to me and lost a couple stacks (maybe multiple, i didn't look) due largely to getting set over setted twice.

my dilemma now is how much to withdraw for my trip to vegas later this month. i need to withdraw nowish cuz of the time it will take to get the cheque sent out and then my bank always puts a hold on it. with roughly 10.5k online between ftp and rakeback (using the money on stars for coaching) im kind of in a tough spot. ideally i'd like to take 5k to vegas with me so i can play some 2/5nl if i so desire but that would leave me underolled for 200nl the rest of the month. i guess i could just take out 3k which would not affect my online roll too much and then play 1/2 on the front end of my trip and then take shots at 2/5nl later in the trip when i don't have to worry about going busto.

at first i had mixed feelings about this trip for the above reasons, i hate withdrawing from online because the money never seems to get back into my account and i get frustrated when i make progrees in stakes and then have to go backwards due to outside sources. i really do not want to head back down to 100nl full time. so after a little thinking i decided that instead of playing half drunk and donking around for fun i could really grind my ass off while there and make it more of a business trip. i don't care how shitty my results have been in the last few months there is no way im a dog at the live 1/2 games and most likely a hefty fav. so if i can put in some big sessions (time wise), maybe i can use this as a bankroll booster instead of buster. i'll be there for 5 nights so thats plenty of time to make the moniez.

one other thing, i have reunited with my old coach and i feel better already after just one session. im hoping to work with him quite a bit before the vegas trip and maybe, and just maybe i can have a month reminisent (sp?) of spring/summer of 08.

tg

No comments: